We had a visitor the 1st day of school. Scott came home from a late meeting and heard a rattle as he entered the house. He said, "There's a rattlesnake on the carport. Where's the flashlight!" So, we nervously took on the rattlesnake. It had moved so that it was hiding under a small shed near our cars and we had to coax it out. I was pretty jumpy but I do get credit for the assist. I got to try and kill it after it was dead just so I could see what it's like in case I have to do it alone. Scott's pretty amazing with a shovel!Sunday, August 17, 2008
Unwanted Visitor
We had a visitor the 1st day of school. Scott came home from a late meeting and heard a rattle as he entered the house. He said, "There's a rattlesnake on the carport. Where's the flashlight!" So, we nervously took on the rattlesnake. It had moved so that it was hiding under a small shed near our cars and we had to coax it out. I was pretty jumpy but I do get credit for the assist. I got to try and kill it after it was dead just so I could see what it's like in case I have to do it alone. Scott's pretty amazing with a shovel!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Sorry it's taken so long to comment, but it was good to hear from you! Your family is beautiful!!
Yikes! May you never have to kill a snake alone. I'm not sure I could do it unless it was trying to get my kids.
Crikey!! That really is very scary Sabrina!! I'm terrified when a spider so much as looks at me cross ways. No way could I ever get close enough to sever a rattler's head!
zHi Sabrina, I am glad you found my blog. Sorry it has taken so long to comment back. I HATE snakes! You are much braver than me. We also had a rattle snake visit a couple weeks ago, very scary.
Good job Scott! Way to take care of Sabrina!!! Your kids are getting so big, I love you slide show with all the pics :)
Hmmm, what is the black & white stripes by the tail? Is it a special type of rattle snake?
Post a Comment