Easter Sunday was pretty eventful for us. The kids were goofing around after church and Brenten was bouncing on his little bouncy ball when Claira pulled it out from under him. His leg twisted around and snapped. Scott and I rushed him to the local ER where they took x-rays. His femur had a spiral break so he got to ride in an ambulance to Tucson where the Pediatric Orthepedic Specialist could take a look at him. They put him in a body cast from his ribs down. They said it would take about six weeks before he'd get it off. He's been a really good sport. It was so hard to see him in so much pain. I'm really glad he's doing better and has such a good attitude.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Poor little kid! You should talk to Brittany, Megan had a cast just like that for 6 weeks. Brittany got pretty creative on ways to get her around and activities. She might have some great suggestions. I hope he feels better soon. What did they do in the operation? We will keep him in our prayers.
Oh my goodness, that is so sad. Poor little man! That just breaks my heart. It's not fair for kids to go through those things. Although, kids are always the strongest during trials it seems. My husbnd had to wear a cast similar to that for a few years when he was about 5. he doesn't ever remember it holding him back or getting him down. He always just rolled with the punches and did the best he could.
Hang in there.
How sad! My mom told me about that poor, little munchkin and it made me wish I still lived there so I could help you out...new baby and a cripple? Be sure to call my mom if you need anything...she'd be GLAD to help.
Yikes! What a way to spend your holiday! I hope that he feels better soon & that it's not too awful for him or you. I'm not too far if you need anything!
My goodness, he must be a tough little guy. Those pictures are so sad! I hope you're all hanging in there. Good luck.
So I haven't looked at your blog lately. First of all-what a cute little man your Kevin is, congratulations! Second of all-poor little guy it is so hard to see kids in pain you just wish you could take it away. Bye the way I love the design on the cast-how fun. I figuring you have about 2-3 weeks left. Good luck I bet you just can't wait to get that kid in a real bath. LOL. Take care, Annie
Post a Comment