
So, I guess I should have said that this was an early anniversary celebration. Our anniversary falls on November 25th but we didn't want to go then. In Kaua'i we went on a helicopter ride over the island. Our helicopter didn't have doors so it felt like we were really, I can't describe what it felt like, but it was exhilarating.
At first, it was raining when we got on and I was starting to worry that it was going to be miserable and cold, but the rain let up shortly after we got in the air and it wasn't too cold.
The views were amazing! We got so close, I thought I could reach out my hand and touch it sometimes.
We checked into our hotel that night and we were happy to have such great views of the beach.
We stayed in Princeville and it was fun to drive across the island everyday. There was so much to take in and the weather was so nice we usually had the top down.
We went kayaking down a river and hiked up to the secret (not so secret) waterfall. We kayaked up the river farther to a private swimming hole with a rope swing. That was so so so much fun. It took us a little while to get the hang of kayaking and it was fun to learn. We had some good laughs. But after a few hours of it I think we're pretty much pro.We think this is called kite surfing. Yeah, that's Scott out there.
We had a great time and we're already planning our return trip with the kids (when they're a bit older). It's nice to be home and I'm so glad the kids had so much fun with the grandparents, Aunt Wendy, and cousins! You guys are so awesome!



4 comments:
How much fun!!! The pictures you took were so beautiful. I kept staring at them for the longest time. I'm glad you enjoyed an early 10 year trip!
So fun!!! Happy 10 years-man time goes by way to fast. Your family is so beautiful. You look amazing! Someday we will go to hawaii! Found you on samantha's comments. Miken Hunt from EAC.
Jealous! I want to go on an anniversary trip. Hawaii looks like a blast. You'll have to tell me all the secrets to make it the perfect trip.
Beautiful pictures! Looks like a blast. Congrats on your up coming anniversary. I love the new blog look.
Post a Comment