Next, we headed down to Waikiki. Our hotel was two blocks from the beach, so we walked down there for dinner. We saw some strange things there! There was a man who spray painted pictures - they were amazing, we saw fortune tellers, artists, musicians, all sorts of people dressed up in costumes, we went to lots of little shops and had some fun.
Next day, we headed up north. We stopped along the way at Turtle Beach and saw some giant sea turtles (but I haven't gotten those pictures developed yet). We stopped at the temple and I really got to missing the children there. It was beautiful!


Scott really liked this tree.

We went to the Polynesian Cultural Center for the afternoon. We saw a lot of dancing and some shows. The presentations we went to were hilarious! I laughed so hard, I was crying!
There was a canoe parade with the different islands doing their own dances.

In the evening, we went to the luau. We got to dance on stage since we were celebrating an anniversary. We tried some new foods here.
In the evening, we went to the luau. We got to dance on stage since we were celebrating an anniversary. We tried some new foods here.
After dinner there was a show where they danced with fire and knifes and it was pretty exciting.




3 comments:
Happy belated anniversary. Has it really been 10 years? That is so hard to believe.
Your trip looks like fun. What a great Anniversary trip for you guys!
WHAT???!!! FUN!! You just gave Mike a really good idea for our ten year! p.s. love the new look of the blog.
Your blog background is so cute! Your trip sounds like a blast. My grandparents served a mission at the Polynesian Cultural Center, so I've always wanted to go. Lucky girl! Happy Anniversary a little late!
Post a Comment